A block is glued on one end, this will be for the hinges as well as a spacer for the ziplock bags to hang when the lid is closed.
Hinges can now be put on the block.
A lid prop was made on the table saw, I first laid down a piece of wood and slowly raised the blade until I got the desired length for the slot. I repeated this a couple time to make it wider for the screw that would slide in the slot.
A hole was drilled in one end and that will act as a catch for the prop so it will lock in the open position. Here I rounded the ends, I also used a round file and some sandpaper to clean everything up.